Friday, July 4, 2008

I Am Sick!!!

And I hate it!

I totally, utterly, hell-be-damned, hate it!

And good timing this ailment has, hitting me on the busiest weeks of my work-month (on both jobs, the monthend is a total strain). Now, I've piles of paperwork and tons of recon work left hanging, and I don't have the strenght of body, mind and will to hope to finish it.

For the past 36 hours, i've been locked up in my room, bed-ridden, teary-eyed and snot-nosed, and it feels like so much dung has been piled onto me, I can't even stand stright to close my door!

On the brighter side, this sickness has given me a bit of a respite, and I was able to finish reading Anne Rice's Servant of the Bones, which is a good read, full of details, but pales in comparance with her Vampire Mythology.

But then again, work calls, and here I am, rendering overtime (after logging in half-day) just to finish some report needed by my superiors. I don't know how far my overdose of vitamins will be able to sustain me, though. I'm here at work, and all I could think of is playing hookie, and go to the mall to watch (and maybe re-watch) the movies on play. NO, I don't want to go home to my bed, I've been tied there for the past one and a half day, and I despise its very presence! My night job's being in the adjacent room is also a factor, but we're not discussing that right now (hee hee!).

And so, here I am, on my day job (it's already nearing 10pm, but this is still the day job), lacking the drive to continue working, thinking of going away for my leisure (and health) and not being able to just stand up and leave. And leaving is always at the back-burners of my convoluted mind... Another officemate just resigned, for a better job, maybe, I don't know, and all I could think about is "why am I still here?" Damn it, why do I linger?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't stand the craziness?


Scream!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin