Monday, July 28, 2008

The Bibliophile Strikes Again

I did all I could. I used up all the self-control I could muster. But the sweet aroma of crisp, clean paper mingled with adhesive was just too hard to resist. And the promise of a discount was urging me; urging me to come hither.

It was all my Sunday work-mates' fault I tell you! Dragging me along for lunch at Market! and then driving along Fully Booked, with their 10-meter high billboard announcing up to 90% off. I had no choice but to comply.

And comply, I did; parting ways with Roxas and Aquino, and going home with Pullman and Colfer in tow. Old friends, those two, I've had much dealings with them in the past. I've laughed at their jokes, and sympathized with their plight. And somehow, I just couldn’t get enough of their antics. I had to have more!

Ah! Retail therapy in its most sublime!

Now go away, I’m busy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't stand the craziness?


Scream!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin