Friday, January 30, 2009

Shirking Responsibilities: A Year of Movies and Stuff

38 movies, 1 concert, 2 plays, 1 cheerdance competition; and it still doesn't quite sum up what I had been up to the past year. It was fast; it was fun; it was tiring; it was heart-breaking at times... but it certainly wasn't boring.

I am reminded of a line from Ally McBeal by John Cage: "If you look back at your year, and it doesn't make you shed a tear -- whether happy or sad -- then consider that year wasted." I may have done quite a few (well... a lot actually) mistakes during 2008, but wasted, it isn't.

I just hope that I remember my lessons and not repeat those same mistakes.

Here's hoping for a better year than the year that was past... even though it's a month late in the celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't stand the craziness?


Scream!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin