Friday, July 27, 2007

The Hair-raising Harpy of Dispair

It may seem odd, but somehow, my emotional state is connected to barometric pressures. Low atmospheric pressures would put me in a deep depressive mode, and high pressure would put me in a mutinous state.


Yesterday was such a low pressure day that I was skulking like mad, utterly depresed, I was almost catatonic. And it hurt. Physically and emotionally, it hurt. There was this internal void so deep and strong it felt like I was going to implode.


Fortunately, after lunch came the downpour that raised the pressure a bit, and I was lifted from my depression, but I wasn't totally out of it just yet. I needed to do something else to lift my spirits.


I had my hair cut.


Now, cutting your hair may not seem like a true remedy against depression, but it works for me. And a depression as deep as yesterday's needed some drastic cutting, for the more hair is cut, the happier my mood would swing.


I was liberal with the razor. I had my head shaved.


And I was free of that soul-sucking, mind-numbing, heart-crushing depression. Now I'm happy.




published in friendster blog July 27, 2007 at 3:34 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't stand the craziness?


Scream!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin